Some Added Suggestions...
On the back of each chore chart list the steps needed for the job to be considered complete and for the money to be earned.
- For example, on the back of "Trash Out" you might write:
- Empty trash cans in each room into the outside pail
- Place trash lids on top of each outside pail
- Pull trash pails to curb
- Place a clean liner in each inside trash pail
Even Money Can Lose It's Appeal If It Is Not Spent.
- Encourage your child to spend some portion of the money each week. If they are saving for a pricey item-suggest they save 2/3 of the money and spend 1/3.
- If you are using money as a reinforcer, make sure that your child has no other way of obtaining extra money. If your child receives a $20 weekly allowance, she might not be inclined to vacuum the house for an additional dollar.